Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Greasley, Alan" <Al...@adc.com> on 2002/07/05 15:58:55 UTC

URLs with %XX codes in them

I need to use URLs with codes like %6D ('m'). This doesn't seem to work on our Borland AppServer installation with Tomcat 3.2.

Long story, but I can't launch browsers with the well-known "rundl32 url.dll,FileLauncherProtocol <url>" any more as Microsoft have made it not work (words fail me!)

An inventive person has found that it objects to ".htm" and ".html", so this Hex code spoof does the trick of fooling it, but unfortunately this only works on other random web servers I have tried - when I test against our server, I just get the 404 page ....

Any help would be gratefully received

thanks

Alan