Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> on 2002/02/20 22:06:32 UTC

Commons Util 1.0 release candidate 1

Prompted by Velocity's need (1.3 will use Commons Util), I've tagged
RC1, which is available here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/release/commons-util/commons-util-1.0-rc1.jar

Note that Commons Util is still in the sandbox (rather than in the
commons module itself).

Dan

Re: Commons Util 1.0 release candidate 1

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 2/20/02 4:06 PM, "Daniel Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> wrote:

> Prompted by Velocity's need (1.3 will use Commons Util), I've tagged
> RC1, which is available here:

To be clear we'll use it in 1.4, as we will deprecate out of Velocity some
of the classes that went into util.

> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/release/commons-util/commons-
> util-1.0-rc1.jar
>
> Note that Commons Util is still in the sandbox (rather than in the
> commons module itself).

That means it must be proposed as a regular component.

(Sorry if that's already been discussed...)

System and Software Consulting
"We will be judged not by the monuments we build, but by the monuments we
destroy" - Ada Louise Huxtable

Re: Commons Util 1.0 release candidate 1

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 2/20/02 7:00 PM, "Daniel Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> wrote:

> "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> writes:
>
>> On 2/20/02 4:06 PM, "Daniel Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Prompted by Velocity's need (1.3 will use Commons Util), I've tagged
>>> RC1, which is available here:
>>
>> To be clear we'll use it in 1.4, as we will deprecate out of Velocity some
>> of the classes that went into util.
>
> Sorry -- Geir's right (that's what I meant to say).
>
>>> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/release/commons-util/common
>>> s-
>>> util-1.0-rc1.jar
>>>
>>> Note that Commons Util is still in the sandbox (rather than in the
>>> commons module itself).
>>
>> That means it must be proposed as a regular component before release...
>
> Okay...now that Util is just about ready for release, shall we get it
> into the jakarta-commons repo?  Would someone point me to the
> promotion procedure?

Scott pointed you to one of the guidelines tacked onto the charter :)

I'll offer to be a committer if you need one, as I'll move whatever is left
in Velocity over, Scott offered as well, and I assume that he is serious
also as he's concerned about the I/O stuff.

System and Software Consulting
Java : the speed of Smalltalk with the simple elegance of C++...

Re: Commons Util 1.0 release candidate 1

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> writes:

> On 2/20/02 4:06 PM, "Daniel Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> wrote:
>
>> Prompted by Velocity's need (1.3 will use Commons Util), I've tagged
>> RC1, which is available here:
>
> To be clear we'll use it in 1.4, as we will deprecate out of Velocity some
> of the classes that went into util.

Sorry -- Geir's right (that's what I meant to say).

>> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/release/commons-util/commons-
>> util-1.0-rc1.jar
>>
>> Note that Commons Util is still in the sandbox (rather than in the
>> commons module itself).
>
> That means it must be proposed as a regular component before release...

Okay...now that Util is just about ready for release, shall we get it
into the jakarta-commons repo?  Would someone point me to the
promotion procedure?

                             Thanks, Dan

Re: Commons Util 1.0 release candidate 1

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 2/20/02 4:06 PM, "Daniel Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> wrote:

> Prompted by Velocity's need (1.3 will use Commons Util), I've tagged
> RC1, which is available here:

To be clear we'll use it in 1.4, as we will deprecate out of Velocity some
of the classes that went into util.

> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/release/commons-util/commons-
> util-1.0-rc1.jar
>
> Note that Commons Util is still in the sandbox (rather than in the
> commons module itself).

That means it must be proposed as a regular component before release...

(Sorry if that's already been discussed...)

System and Software Consulting
"We will be judged not by the monuments we build, but by the monuments we
destroy" - Ada Louise Huxtable

Re: Commons Util 1.0 release candidate 1

Posted by ba...@generationjava.com.
Yay.

I'm eager to make both String-taglib and Collections both dependant on it.
Any idea when it will move out of the sandbox? Or whether it will have a
sandbox chunk and a non-sandbox chunk perhaps?