Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2010/09/02 15:42:20 UTC

Old Site

-Grant
--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://lucenerevolution.org Apache Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8

Re: Confluence based site was Re: Old Site

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Sep 2, 2010, at 11:32 PM, Drew Farris wrote:

> Grant,
>
> Robin and I had a conversation with uli@. on infra on back on July
> 8th. The gist of that conversation was that there's something we need
> to do to fix the templates for the auto-export pages described in an
> e-mail in the committers list archive, (get it via
> committers-thread-485@apache.org). I don't think I have the karma to
> modify the templates for the mahout confluence space, the again I
> don't understand the template language either at the moment.

OK

> Uli also pointed us towards this:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/CWIKI/#Index-Canweusetheautoexportsiteaspartofourmainwebsite%3F.
>
> It appears that we need to lock down wiki edits to individuals with
> CLA's on file if we use confluence to host the pages of our 'main'
> website (whatever that means). Perhaps this is an unintended
> side-effect of basing out main site on confluence.

I think we probably just need to lock down the pages that are directly linked, such as who we are, etc.  The rest I would hope we can treat as wiki pages.

--------------------------

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@apache.org>.
Grant,

Robin and I had a conversation with uli@. on infra on back on July
8th. The gist of that conversation was that there's something we need
to do to fix the templates for the auto-export pages described in an
e-mail in the committers list archive, (get it via
committers-thread-485@apache.org). I don't think I have the karma to
modify the templates for the mahout confluence space, the again I
don't understand the template language either at the moment.

Uli also pointed us towards this:
https://cwiki.apache.org/CWIKI/#Index-Canweusetheautoexportsiteaspartofourmainwebsite%3F.

It appears that we need to lock down wiki edits to individuals with
CLA's on file if we use confluence to host the pages of our 'main'
website (whatever that means). Perhaps this is an unintended
side-effect of basing out main site on confluence.

Drew

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.
Grant,

Robin and I had a conversation with uli@. on infra on back on July 8th
There's something we need to do to fix the templates for the
auto-export pages and uli references a prior discussion with the
struts team to obtain more info. I need to have a conversation with
ezmlm to dig that message up from the archives unless Robin knows what
needs to be done already.

Uli also pointed out this:
https://cwiki.apache.org/CWIKI/#Index-Canweusetheautoexportsiteaspartofourmainwebsite%3F.
It appears that we need to lock down wiki edits to individuals with
CLA's on file. Perhaps this is an unintended side-effect of basing our
main site on confluence.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
OK, redirects in place.

Re: Old Site