Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> on 2006/01/04 16:38:44 UTC

[Guest via RT] [cpan #16907] ExtUtils-XSBuilder is missing from module requirements

This message about libapreq2 was sent to you by guest <> via rt.cpan.org

Full context and any attached attachments can be found at:

Attempting to install manually (after cpan build failed, without asking for where apxs was or thinking to check if apache2 was in /usr/local) on RHEL3 with Perl 5.8.5 the manual build also failed with the following problem..

cd perl; /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL -apxs /usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
Can't locate ExtUtils/XSBuilder/ParseSource.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ...) at Makefile.PL line 22.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 22.

scrolling up through all the build messages I just noticed that 'ExtUtils-XSBuilder should be upgraded', but the META.yml just lists it as a test requisite when clearly it is required to install at all, so CPAN hasn't installed it so installing from CPAN will always fail, as will installing from source, on the first attempt, even if you think you already have all the pre-requsites.

Life would of course be far far easier if this was part of modperl2, as depending on this module for my own packages will make my own packages a huge pain in the ass to install.