Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Robert Burke <re...@google.com> on 2022/03/02 17:59:54 UTC

Re: Beam Website Feedback

In replying to an off thread question from Abe, I realized that my
suggestion doesn't work since the SDK doesn't know how to source/grab the
RC versions of the Cross Language Jars. They end up getting a 404 response
as a result.

> panic:  tried cross-language for
beam:transform:org.apache.beam:schemaio_jdbc_read:v1 against
autojava::sdks:java:extensions:schemaio-expansion-service:runExpansionService
and failed
>         expanding external transform
> received non 200 response code, got 404

I'll see if we can't improve that kind of error message for future releases.

What is the best way for a user to access RC jars?

I guess one would need to download them from the staging repo for the RC:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1254/

In this case, it's likely one of the jars in here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1254/org/apache/beam/beam-sdks-java-extensions-schemaio-expansion-service/2.37.0/
And specifically
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1254/org/apache/beam/beam-sdks-java-extensions-schemaio-expansion-service/2.37.0/beam-sdks-java-extensions-schemaio-expansion-service-2.37.0.jar

One should be able to start up the service with the jar, then using the
address and port, provide an `jdbcio.ExpansionServiceRead` option [1] to
the call, so it queries the service you started up instead.

[1]
https://pkg.go.dev/github.com/apache/beam/sdks/v2@v2.37.0-RC2/go/pkg/beam/io/xlang/jdbcio#ExpansionAddrRead

I've asked the team to look into simplifying this. We should in principle
should get it to work against a specific RC repo with a flag, rather than
forcing the full manual startup.

Cheers,
Robert Burke
Beam Go Busybody

Re: Beam Website Feedback

Posted by 阿部智大 <ab...@videomarket.co.jp>.
Sorry.

I upgraded the version to 2.7.0 and still get the same error in jdbcio.

Re: Beam Website Feedback

Posted by Kyle Weaver <kc...@google.com>.

Re: Beam Website Feedback

Posted by 阿部智大 <ab...@videomarket.co.jp>.
Hello Robert,

> [...]

>>> to databases, including a JDBCIO
>>> <https://pkg.go.dev/github.com/apache/beam/sdks/v2@v2.37.0-RC2/go/pkg/beam/io/xlang/jdbcio> [2]
>>> and a BigQueryIO
>>> <https://pkg.go.dev/github.com/apache/beam/sdks/v2@v2.37.0-RC2/go/pkg/beam/io/xlang/bigqueryio> [3].
>>> These should automatically incorporate the Java versions of these
>>> transforms into your pipeline, just call and configure the "wrapper" Read
>>> and Write calls to use them in your pipeline.  Using these does require
>>> that a recent edition of Java be installed on your system, but should
>>> otherwise not require manual set up of Java jars and similar.
>>>
>>> Cross language transforms require a runner that supports them, which
>>> currently include Flink, Spark, Google Cloud Dataflow, and the Python
>>> Portable runner. The default Go Direct runner doesn't support them at this

>>> [3]

Re: Beam Website Feedback

Posted by Robert Burke <re...@google.com>.