Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Roddie Kieley <rk...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/29 00:14:11 UTC

[proton-c] go-test TestAuthPlain failures?

Hi folks. I'm doing some work on PROTON-522 to ensure proton-c works well
on OSX and I'm seeing failures in the TestAuthPlain go-test. With
PN_TRACE_FRM=1 and PN_TRACE_EVT=1 I'm seeing the following:

11: === RUN   TestAuthPlain
11: [0x4706330]:ConnectionInit
11: [0x4706330]:ConnectionLocalOpen
11: [0x4706330]:ConnectionBound
11: [0x4706330]:  -> SASL
11: [0x5201ba0]:ConnectionInit
11: [0x5201ba0]:ConnectionBound
11: [0x4706330]:SessionInit
11: [0x4706330]:SessionLocalOpen
11: [0x4706330]:Transport
11: [0x5201ba0]:  <- SASL
11: [0x5201ba0]:  -> SASL
11: [0x5201ba0]:0 -> @sasl-mechanisms(64)
[sasl-server-mechanisms=@PN_SYMBOL[:PLAIN]]
11: [0x5201ba0]:Transport
11: [0x4706330]:  <- SASL
11: [0x4706330]:0 <- @sasl-mechanisms(64)
[sasl-server-mechanisms=@PN_SYMBOL[:PLAIN]]
11: [0x4706330]:Transport
11: [0x4706330]:0 -> @sasl-init(65) [mechanism=:PLAIN,
initial-response=b"\x00fred@proton\x00xxx"]
11: [0x4706330]:Transport
11: [0x5201ba0]:0 <- @sasl-init(65) [mechanism=:PLAIN,
initial-response=b"\x00fred@proton\x00xxx"]
11: [0x5201ba0]:Transport
11: [0x5201ba0]:0 -> @sasl-outcome(68) [code=1]
11: [0x5201ba0]:Transport
11: [0x5201ba0]:TransportError
11: [0x5201ba0]:TransportTailClosed
11: [0x5201ba0]:  -> EOS
11: [0x5201ba0]:TransportHeadClosed
11: [0x5201ba0]:TransportClosed
11: [0x4706330]:0 <- @sasl-outcome(68) [code=1]
11: [0x4706330]:Transport
11: [0x4706330]:  -> EOS
11: [0x4706330]:TransportError
11: [0x4706330]:TransportTailClosed
11: [0x4706330]:TransportHeadClosed
11: [0x4706330]:TransportClosed
11: --- FAIL: TestAuthPlain (0.01s)
11:     electron_test.go:39: (from auth_test.go:64)
amqp:unauthorized-access: Authentication failed [mech=PLAIN]

The above was from my last round of running the tests yesterday after
merging master where it was failing in either debug or release mode builds.
However the day before that the debug builds were always passing while the
release builds were always failing - whether or not that's relevant I'm not
sure.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be he cause or what the next steps
are to further debug the issue?

For reference the box is a mac mini core 2 duo 2.26 Ghz running OSX 10.11.3
Xcode 7.2.1 with golang 1.9 installed via macports.

Re: [proton-c] go-test TestAuthPlain failures?

Posted by Roddie Kieley <rk...@gmail.com>.
That's a good point, regarding the packaging being separate for Fedora and
as well on other distributions such as RHEL. Once working it may be work
investigating splitting it for MacPorts as well for security as well as
consistency reasons.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.