Posted to commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2015/03/31 07:00:16 UTC

[Lucene-java Wiki] Trivial Update of "ReleaseTodo" by AnshumGupta

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucene-java Wiki" for change notification.

The "ReleaseTodo" page has been changed by AnshumGupta:
https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseTodo?action=diff&rev1=180&rev2=181

Comment:
Fixing script name from bumpVersion.py to addVersion.py.

  svn copy https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/branch_4x \
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/lucene_solr_4_2 -m "Starting Lucene/Solr 4.2 branch."
  }}}
-  1. Add a new version for the next release using the {{{bumpVersion.py}}} script. If it is a bugfix release, we will be adding the bugfix version, otherwise we will add the version to come after the release we are producing.
+  1. Add a new version for the next release using the {{{addVersion.py}}} script. If it is a bugfix release, we will be adding the bugfix version, otherwise we will add the version to come after the release we are producing.
      * If a bugfix release, start on the release branch:
-         * {{{ python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/bumpVersion.py X.Y.Z }}}
+         * {{{ python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/addVersion.py X.Y.Z }}}
          * {{{ svn commit }}}
          * Using the commit id from the previous commit, run on the stable branch, adding {{{ --changeid ID --downstream-repo /path/to/release/branch/checkout}}}
          * {{{ svn commit }}}
          * Finally, run the script on trunk, modifying the stable branch command with the new change id and path to the stable branch checkout.
          * {{{ svn commit }}}
      * If a minor release, start on the stable branch:
-         * {{{ python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/bumpVersion.py X.Y+1.0 }}}
+         * {{{ python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/addVersion.py X.Y+1.0 }}}
          * {{{ svn commit }}}
          * Using the commit id from the previous commit, run on trunk, adding {{{ --changeid ID --downstream-repo /path/to/stable/branch/checkout}}}
          * {{{ svn commit }}}
      * If a major release, only run on trunk:
-         * {{{ python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/bumpVersion.py X+1.0.0 }}}
+         * {{{ python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/addVersion.py X+1.0.0 }}}
          * The script will print a list of items that need to be done manually for a major release bump.
          * {{{ svn commit }}}
   1. Send a note to dev@ to inform the committers that the branch has been created and the feature freeze phase has started. Include Do's and Don'ts for the feature freeze phase: