Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Saniel <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/10 13:46:51 UTC

Error while using HTTP Proxy server

Hi Everybody,

I trying to create a test plan for a web application using HTTP Proxy server
facility in JMeter and I am unable to
navigate through the application. I am getting a page cannot be displayed..I
have checked the proxy server settings in browser
and the JMeter..The port no is same and the IP address is localhost

When I checked the Jmeter.log file i got this error.

2005/11/10 14:51:52 ERROR - jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler:
java.io.IOException
2005/11/10 14:51:52 ERROR - jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler:
followed by junk characters..
yk!d*@kk¦‚:¡†`A¥)zOÚ¦u?e`ŽÌÑÔ
6Ôr?|]U¹éd4Ü8[îYJHaTîaˆ|ÏÇ°S*å}c??ÁöZÇvÎ6?>A....

I had earlier used HTTP Proxy server in JMeter for creating a test plan
without any difficulty.

Please help.

Regards

Saniel.

Re: Error while using HTTP Proxy server

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
What version of Java/Jmeter are you using?

The IOError is generated externally to JMeter. Presumably there is a
network or server problem. It would be worth checking the server logs.

The error seems to have been detected by the readResponse() method.
The method logs the java error, and then logs the first part of the
error stream from the server - presumably that is the junk you are
seeing.

I've updated the HTTPSampler to make it clearer where the error is
being reported.

Perhaps you could try again with the nightly build, just to
double-check that this is indeed where the error is occurring?

Might then be able to add some debug to the code.

Not sure how easy it is going to be to determine the underlying cause
of the problem.
Are you testing an internal server, or is it publicly accessible?
If the latter, you can provide a test-case (privately if necessary) ?

S.