Posted to user@poi.apache.org by just_a_kid <ju...@hotmail.com> on 2006/11/23 14:21:30 UTC

Settting Passworf for HSSFWorkBook

HI ,

   is anyone know how to protect workbook/sheet using POI ?
   I believe HSSFWorkBook only can protect the sheet using no password which
anyone can unprotect it

   is there any tutorial/good url teaching us how to generate Excel using
WorkBook ( Low Level Api )
   simply because i want to protect workbook/sheet with some password and
dont let anyone tamper it.

    Or can it be done using HSSFWorkBook?

   Thanks

Re: Settting Passworf for HSSFWorkBook

Posted by just_a_kid <ju...@hotmail.com>.
Hi
Do u meant for POI HSSFWorkBook only or even for WorkBook there is no way to
protect the workbook/sheet using password?
because i can see there is few methods in WorkBook such as CreatePassword()
and so on?
can we use it?

Thanks

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.