Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Pochat Jerome <jp...@axway.com> on 2004/09/06 14:17:34 UTC

RE : CC/PP

Composite Capability/Preference Profiles ?
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-CCPP-struct-vocab-20040115/

Posted by Oscar Ruiz <os...@gtd.es>.
Hi all,
guess you are talking about velocity templates here.

But, how can i do the same with a JSP template?, I cannot get the event
executed before any buildNormalContext of any portlet.

The following does not work:

<form method="post" action="<jetspeed:dynamicUri/>">
 <input type="hidden" name="js_peid" value="<%=jspeid%>">
 <input type="hidden" name="action" value="portlets.myJspPortletAction"/>
 <input type="submit" name="eventSubmit_doUpdate" value="Save"/>

Thanks.

From: Bob Fleischman <bo...@mindspring.com>
Subject: Portlets execution flow
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 00:17:56 -0400

Ahh!! You've discovered one of the 'gotchas' of direct action calls.

When you call an action directly with $jslink.getAction("myaction",
$portlet) the context does not yet contain the portlet and so you can not
use it for getUser or any other Portlet specific call to save state. You
can, however, still impact services, or database connectivity. This approach
will fire the action BEFORE anything else, which seems to be its major
appeal.

I have found it much easier to use a form action of
$jslink.getPortletById($portlet.getID()) with a button name of
"eventSubmit_doUpdate" and then I send other parameters via hidden fields on
the form.

That way I am certain the correct instance of the correct portlet is being
referenced.

Bob