Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by sciUser <sh...@securitycentric.net> on 2019/02/08 23:20:43 UTC

Shared Drive and adding secondary

Hello,

Question, the files that a user uploads to the environment are they stored
on Guac server directly in teh Downloads folder?

If so, can I add a secondary drive to the guacamole server and move the
downloads folder to the newly created drive?

Thank You

Re: Shared Drive and adding secondary

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 3:27 PM sciUser <sh...@securitycentric.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Question, the files that a user uploads to the environment are they stored
> on Guac server

They are stored by guacd in the directory configured in the connection
parameters. If that directory is on the guac server, they are stored on the
guac server. If that directory is mounted from some filesystem elsewhere,
they are stored elsewhere.

directly in teh Downloads folder?

No, the special "Download" folder exists only to provide a means of
downloading files from the remote desktop to the browser.

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/using-guacamole.html#rdp-virtual-drive

> If so, can I add a secondary drive to the guacamole server and move the
> downloads folder to the newly created drive?

This is opaque to Guacamole. All Guacamole knows is what directory you tell
it to store those files within for the connection in question. That
directory may actually store its files virtually anywhere, depending only
on how you set up your server.

Don't fixate on the "Download" folder - that has nothing to do with where
files are stored. It's created dynamically and used only for transferring
files out of the drive / RDP server to the browser. What matters is the
directory configured as the drive path for the connection.

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#rdp-device-redirection

- Mike