Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by imran khan <im...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/29 11:25:24 UTC

Nutch HTML Parsers & tika-boilerpipe configuration

Greetings,

I am trying to understand the role/functionality of different html parsers
(parse-html and parse-tika) plugin in nutch 2.2.

My plugin.includes has "parse-(html|tika) " and my parse-plugins.xml has

<mimeType name="*">
  <plugin id="parse-tika" />
</mimeType>

<mimeType name="text/html">
<plugin id="parse-html" />
</mimeType>

        <mimeType name="application/xhtml+xml">
<plugin id="parse-html" />
</mimeType>

So does it mean for parsing html pages "parse-html" plugin would be used ?
And to use Tika for parsing my html pages I would simply replace it with
"parse-tika" plugin ?

And if I want to remove the boilerplate text like menu, ads text etc. from
my 'content' field in nutch then I guess I have to use Tika with boilerpipe
?

Where can I configure nutch to use boilerpipe with Tika and other
extracters ? And is there any configuration in Tika/boilerpipe which would
automatically pick the right extractor for Tika for current Html page ?

Regards,
Imran

RE: Nutch HTML Parsers & tika-boilerpipe configuration

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Strange, please check the logs and perhaps restore default settings and config files. I'm very sure it works flawlessly on a vanilla Nutch.

Posted by Saravanakumar Karunanithi <ak...@gmail.com>.

*

--
Thanks & Regards,