Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Yury Mikhienko <yu...@mobicomk.donpac.ru> on 2003/02/18 08:47:05 UTC

XT Transformer or XSLT Transformer?

Hi all!

Can anyone sent me any differents between the XT and XSLT transformation (or path to doc resource)

Thanks.
--

Best regards,
Yury Mikhienko.

Re: XT Transformer or XSLT Transformer?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
CVS checkout using the branch 'xslt20' I guess. I have not been doing it
for myself, I only read it and found the branch via ViewCVS
(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-xalan/java/?only_with_tag=xslt20).

Joerg

Posted by Andrew Watt <an...@andrewwatt.com>.

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Yury Mikhienko <yu...@mobicomk.donpac.ru>.
XT transformation is based on jclark API (faster than standard javax.xml.transform API? ) and implement any extension functions

XSLT transformation is based on standard javax.xml.transform API (why not on Xalan?) and implement the XSL Transformations (XSLT) Version 1.0 (not 2.0 - more powerful)

What shall I  use to transform my documents?

Any suggestions? Will cocoon support XSLT 2.0 in the future?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.