Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org> on 2022/05/18 01:57:41 UTC

[VOTE] Move Apache Portals Jetspeed-2, Bridges and Applications to Dormant

Dear Portals Jetspeed-2, Bridges, Applications developers,

The Portals PMC [1] has not observed activity in Jetspeed-2, Bridges
and Applications subprojects for some time and would like to move the
subprojects to Dormant, while keeping only Pluto as an active
subproject in Portals.

The Dormant will be basically a Subversion repository for the Portals
subprojects that have had little recent development activity and no
individual or group of individual committers has emerged to champion
its ultimate promotion to active subprojects, and so it is best to
assume that the subprojects in Dormant will not be released in the
near future. See Apache Commons Dormant [2] as a reference.

This would also mean that the svn would become read-only, and that the
mailing lists for the dormant subprojects will be shut down at some
point.

So please cast your votes:
This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now.

[ ] +1 Move Jetspeed-2, Bridges and Applications to Dormant
[ ] +/-0 I'm undecided on this concern
[ ] -1 No, do NOT move Jetspeed-2, Bridges and Applications to Dormant
to Dormant (because....)

Regards,

Woonsan Ko on behalf of the Portals PMC

[1] https://portals.apache.org/whoweare.html
[2] https://commons.apache.org/dormant.html

Re: [VOTE] Move Apache Portals Jetspeed-2, Bridges and Applications to Dormant

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
+1

Woonsan

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
+1

Ate

Posted by Apache <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
+1

Ralph

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
+1

I may not be a formal PMC member but as EC member of Portlets who also
works with a large IBM customer using WS Portal besides Liberty Server I'm
curious about Pluto and Portlets as well.

Do they have a future with something like "Liberty Portlet Server" or
similar products based on Jakarta EE or are they going to be "legacy
systems" continuing to be based on Java EE forever?

Werner

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.