Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Martin M <ma...@qfs.de> on 2007/03/27 13:33:29 UTC

build one project with different pom.xml's of maven2 -- organization in continuum?

Hi all,

I'm interested in solutions, how you would solve following situation?

I want to build a Maven 2.0 project but have three different pom.xml's for
that.
These files are:
  1.) full build, including build and integration testing
  2.) full build without integration testing
  3.) start integration testing only, no build

How should I add those project to continuum?
I added each of those three pom.xml's as three different projects to
continuum, because I want to see all three projects and I want to be able to
start each of those projects standalone.

It's also possible to add one pom.xml with three different profiles and add
three different build-definitions to the according project.

Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
 Martin

Re: build one project with different pom.xml's of maven2 -- organization in continuum?

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
We need to improve the UI to see build definitions results in the project list.
As I wrote on maven users list, if you add 3 project, you must use a different version for each. Without it, continuum won't know the build order because each project will have the same id
(groupId/artifactId/version) and this can generate some weird result.

I know actually it's possible to add projects with the same id, but it isn't good and we won't allow it in future.

Emmanuel

Posted by Martin M <ma...@qfs.de>.
Hi Emmanuel,

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.