Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gergely Imre <gi...@barom.nextra.ro> on 2000/09/08 17:24:54 UTC

Run

Hi all!

How can I run a C program from an XML/XSL file? For example I have a login
page, with "Login name:" and "Login passwd:", and one button. When I press
the button, I want to run an external program to check the password. How
can I do that?
Or: is there some util to convert a string to an md5 encrypted string?
Thanx

--
GImre
(ICQ# 86297366)

Re: Run

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Gergely Imre wrote:

> Or: is there some util to convert a string to an md5 encrypted string?

	String password = "whatever";
	// Encode password as MD5
	java.security.MessageDigest md =
	  java.security.MessageDigest.getInstance("MD5");
	byte[] digest = md.digest(password.getBytes());

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it

Re: Run

Posted by Ross Burton <ro...@mail.com>.
> > I believe there is a function in Tomcat to do the md5 hash - grab the
> > Tomcat source and copy the code.  Of course, if you run Tomcat you can
> > just call the function.

> And where can I find that source?

jakarta.apache.org

Either grab a milestone build, or checkout a CVS tree if you feel brave.

> OK, I hope I can do this, but I'm still wondering how can I run some
> external programs?

What was the context?  Sorry - my Cocoon folders are AWOL at present so
I only have messages for the last few days.  System.exec() will let you
run a program, there are good examples of it in the Cocoon Javac invoker
(part of XSP) which shows how to grab the output from an external
program.

Ross Burton

Re: Run

Posted by Gergely Imre <gi...@barom.nextra.ro>.

On 8 Sep 2000, Ross Burton wrote:

> > Or: is there some util to convert a string to an md5 encrypted string?
>
> I believe there is a function in Tomcat to do the md5 hash - grab the
> Tomcat source and copy the code.  Of course, if you run Tomcat you can
> just call the function.
>
> Ross Burton

GImre
(ICQ# 86297366)