Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Elisabeth Rotbach <ej...@hotmail.com> on 2003/07/03 12:24:52 UTC

New context

Hello,

I would like to create (install) a new context (just a direcotry) from my
application
(in a ServletContextListener per exemple).

I had see the ServletManager source and had search in archive mail whitout
success.
If I use : org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded, catalina.bat not found this
class !

Have you an idea to do this ?

Thanks,

Elisabeth J.
Toulouse

RE: New context

Posted by Atreya Basu <at...@greenfieldresearch.ca>.
Just to understand your question... You are trying to dynamically create
a new context?  Like when Tomcat has already started?

_____________________________________
Atreya Basu
Developer,
Greenfield Research Inc.

RE: New context

Posted by Atreya Basu <at...@greenfieldresearch.ca>.
Okay,

So I guess you tried to use the Embedded version of Tomcat.  You should
have a look at http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/04/03/tomcat.html
That should explain well how to dynamically load a new context.  The
other option is if you have a Tomcat server running is to use the
Manager Application.

You probably want to use it to deploy a new Web Application.  The thing
that you may want to do is use the HTTP command interface to upload a
WAR and deploy the application.  I think it would go:
http://host:port/manager?deploy=/context_path with the web app being
upload as a WAR file in a PUT request.

This is pretty rough but have you checked out
"tomcat-docs/manager-howto.html" ?  That should give you an idea of what
is possible using the manager app.  There is also a GUI version of the
app but I'm guessing that you want to do this programmatically.

Atreya Basu
Developer,
Greenfield Research Inc.