Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Adrian Dick <ad...@uk.ibm.com> on 2004/10/15 17:59:02 UTC

ANT build now capable of producing server-side libraries

Hi,

I have just extended the ANT build script to now also generate the
server-side libraries.

You can select whether to compile Apache1.3 or Apache 2.0 modules within
the build.<platform>.properties files.
Currently the default is to attempt both.  Which requires APACHE13_HOME and
APACHE20_HOME be set.

Regards,
_______________________________________
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)

Re: ANT build now capable of producing server-side libraries

Posted by da...@opensource.lk.
+1

damitha

Posted by Adrian Dick <ad...@uk.ibm.com>.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
First of all, great work!!!

Few thoughts!

> Perhaps we should set the default to be one or the other? Which would we
> prefer?

Shall we make Apache 2.0 the default? (Because that is the latest for httpd)

> Currently the default is to attempt both.  Which requires APACHE13_HOME and
> APACHE20_HOME be set.

Shall we make them APACHE_HOME (for 1.3.x) and  APACHE2_HOME (for 2.0)? Because these are the ones
used in auto build test cases scripts. (so we have consistancy) Alternatively we could change the
variable names used in scripts to sync up with those used by ant. What is better?

Samisa...

http://vote.yahoo.com

Re: ANT build now capable of producing server-side libraries