Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by srasul <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/01 12:13:37 UTC

Broker MemoryPercentUsed 100% with no queues

Hi,

sometimes our activeMQ freezes with the JMX console reporting that the
Borker's MemoryPercentUsed is 100%.

In out activeMQ setup, we have no queues and _only_ topics. We have this to
avoid the memory issues related with slow-consumers.

we are running activeMQ 4.1.1.

What is also strange is that we have several VMs running applications that
act as producers and consumers. When we restart them, the memory usage
suddenly goes down to 0%.

So far this has happened to us about 3 times in the last month.

in my understanding, if we dont use any queues, the memory usage should be
always 0%. So the jump to 100% seems very strange.

does anyone know:
* when or why this would happen for case where there are no queues.
* what we can do to collect better statistics for debugging?

Regards,

Saqib