Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com> on 2000/07/27 04:13:31 UTC

Re: reuse validator

The deal with reusing the parse is:

1. You parse once with the flag set to false, to load the DTD.
2. You parse after that with it set to true, to reuse the DTD.
3. The target XML files cannot have any internal subset
4. It can have or not have an external subset. That subset will be ignored
5. In order to get another DTD loaded up, you must parse something that uses
that new DTD and set the flag to false again.
6. That new DTD then becomes the DTD that will be reused.

If you think that you are following all those rules, and its not working,
then something must be broken.

Dean Roddey
The CIDLib C++ Frameworks
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com
http://www.charmedquark.com

"You young, and you gotcha health. Whatchoo wanna job fer?"