Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Wouter Cloetens <wc...@raleigh.ibm.com> on 2000/11/29 00:23:19 UTC

Multipart MIME support

Phew. That concludes the check-in of MIME attachment support. Most
important notes:

- You will need mail.jar and activation.jar in your classpath.
- No support for messaging yet. Next item on the agenda.
- No support for e-mail. I suspect that the only effect will be that
smtp-http bridge will break on a multipart message returned over HTTP.
- All MIME character sets are now supported by both the client side
(which didn't support internationalisation) and the server side. UTF-8,
iso-latin-1, dbcs...
- Semantics of HTTP proxy support have been changed.
In fact, HTTP support has been pretty radically changed, both on the
client and the server side. My apologies for those of you who just
submitted patches. ;-P It's back to the drawing board for session scope
support too - that can now be implemented as a small additional feature
of SOAPContext.

I'll write a README for the MIME samples and update the install
documents with the extra jar file requirements too.

This version still correllates the SOAPContext with the message using
the current thread. In the next version, the SOAPContext (which I'll
probably rename to MessageContext) will be propagated throughout the
source, changing the signatures of Serializer/Deserializer etc.

bfn, Wouter
--
http://www.workspot.net/~zombie/soap/
My opinions are irrelevant. They will be assimilated by my employer.