Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Sebastian Schirmer <se...@zyres.com> on 2006/11/05 20:30:20 UTC

question about weka intregration

Hi,

I have seen the data mining project weka (now  Pentaho) is mentioned on the
ofbiz.org site. Is it used in the ofbiz? I haven´t found any hints in the
sources.

best regards
Sebastian

/**
 *  Sebastian Schirmer
 *  ZYRES digital media systems GmbH
 *  Eschersheimer Landstr. 5-7
 *  60322 Frankfurt am Main
 *
 *  Phone +49 (0)69 98 55 99 - 0 | Fax   +49 (0)69 98 55 99 - 11
 *  http://www.zyres.com/
 *
 */

Re: question about weka intregration

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Sebastian,

A long time ago we used weka for some data mining stuff so it was in
ofbiz for a while, but there was never any real integration done. The
reason for this is that weka mostly works on exported data and such.
Even though it did support database reading even a few years ago when
playing with it we either hit the database directly or used exported
data text files.

-David