Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stephanos Piperoglou <st...@db.com> on 2010/01/28 14:51:06 UTC

Unable to engage module : rampart

Hi,

I have a web service client that ran perfectly under Axis2 (stub generated
using ADB bindings) until the provider (not under my control) added
WS-Security and now requires username/password auth. I have tried with
little success to integrate Rampart into our set-up.

What I did, piecing things together from various how-tos:

1. Added all the rampart jars to the classpath
2. Created a client Axis2 repository (I didn't have one of those before)
containing conf/, services/ and modules/
3. Put the two .mar files in /modules
4. Created an axis2.xml config file in conf/ (attached)
5. Added the following around my stub creation code:

            final ConfigurationContext ctx = ConfigurationContextFactory.
createConfigurationContextFromURIs(null, clientRepo);
            final OpenPvsServiceStub openPvs = new OpenPvsServiceStub(ctx,
serviceAddress);
            final ServiceClient sc = openPvs._getServiceClient();
            sc.engageModule("rampart");
            final Options options = new Options();
            options.setUserName("stephanos.piperoglou@db.com");
            options.setPassword("xxxxxxxxx");
            sc.setOverrideOptions(options);

This causes:

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Unable to engage module : rampart

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Stephanos Piperoglou
Price Control
GTO - BAC IT
+44 20 754 59007

This mail is transmitted to you on behalf of the Great East London
Software Company
Diese Post wird Ihnen im Namen der Great East London Software Company
übermittelt

---

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.

Re: Unable to engage module : rampart [RESOLVED]

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
You should be able to do this much more simply by just adding the
rampart.mar directly to your classpath. That way you can skip all the
repository setup (including the ConfigurationContextFactory call) and
just need to call engageModule("rampart"); in your code.

  - Dennis

--
Dennis M. Sosnoski
Java XML and Web Services

Re: Loading Axis2 repository from classpath instead of file system

Posted by Stephanos Piperoglou <st...@db.com>.
Thanks Andreas, that worked like a charm. Makes sense... no way to get a
file listing from a URI.

Regards,
Stephanos Piperoglou
Price Control
GTO - BAC IT
+44 20 754 59007

This mail is transmitted to you on behalf of the Great East London
Software Company
Diese Post wird Ihnen im Namen der Great East London Software Company
übermittelt

Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>
28/01/2010 16:08
Please respond to
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Loading Axis2 repository from classpath instead of file system

Yes, this is possible, but you need to add services.list and modules.list
files so that Axis2 is able to locate your services and modules. By
searching for these two names on the internet and in the mailing list
archives, you should be able to find some examples. If not, let us know
and we will try to find a sample.

Andreas

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 16:32, Stephanos Piperoglou <
stephanos.piperoglou@db.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Short version: Is there a way to load the Axis2 repository using the class
loader?

Long version: I have got my client running, but I can only manage to
initialise the repository from the file system using
ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem.

However, I would like to package up the repository in my JAR file and load
it using the class loader to increase portability. This doesn't seem to
work:

URL clientRepo = getClass().getResource("/axis2repo");
ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromURIs(null,
clientRepo);

... even though clientRepo.toExternalForm() seems to resolve to the
correct place and I can use .getResourceAsStream() to read the files in
the repository.

Regards,
Stephanos Piperoglou
Price Control
GTO - BAC IT
+44 20 754 59007

This mail is transmitted to you on behalf of the Great East London
Software Company
Diese Post wird Ihnen im Namen der Great East London Software Company
übermittelt

Stephanos Piperoglou <st...@db.com>
28/01/2010 14:20

Please respond to