Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hertenstein Alain <al...@gva.eri.ch> on 2003/06/25 17:38:01 UTC

RE : RE : IIS 5 + Tomcat 4.1.24 + JK2 Connector problem

Hi again,

Just replaced my workers2.properties file with yours (and changing the path
to the shm file according to my Tomcat 4 installation): exactly the same
problem...

Besides, I double-checked the W2K Event log entries and couldn't find that
entry (or similar) you mentioned :
"Error: [jk_shm.c (333)]: shm.init(): No file"

I really don't know what to do. Why is this such a pain to simply connect
IIS and Tomcat, even when following the instructions ?

Thanks again for your help...
Alain

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Its a pain because:

- the pool of people who understand the connectors from a development
aspect is small

- the pool of people who understand the connectors and have time to submit
code is smaller still

- the pool of people who understand the connectors, can submit code, and
understand ISAPI is smaller still

- the pool of people who understand the connectors, can submit code,
understand ISAPI, and can build/test actual ISAPI filters using commercial
Microsoft development environments instead of free open source environments
is smaller still

- the pool of people who can do all of the above as well as create and
submit good documentation are just about nonexistent

John

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <ja...@jblinux.org>.
Can you try a netstat -a and see if your machine is listening on port 8009? It
could be the relevant section in CATALINA_HOME\conf\server.xml is commented
out.

You shouldn't have to reboot after changing a properties file it is only
environment variables that can be stubborn and require a reboot.

Jason Bainbridge
http://jblinux.org

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:38, Hertenstein Alain wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Just replaced my workers2.properties file with yours (and changing the path
> to the shm file according to my Tomcat 4 installation): exactly the same
> problem...
>
> Besides, I double-checked the W2K Event log entries and couldn't find that
> entry (or similar) you mentioned :
> "Error: [jk_shm.c (333)]: shm.init(): No file"
>
> I really don't know what to do. Why is this such a pain to simply connect
> IIS and Tomcat, even when following the instructions ?
>
> Thanks again for your help...
> Alain

Jason Bainbridge
http://jblinux.org