Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jim Langston <jl...@resolutebi.com> on 2022/02/26 00:08:55 UTC

After upgrade to 2.13 2.8.1 getting message in log

Hi all , after upgrading to 2.8.1 and restarting the brokers, one of the brokers is continually logging messages similar to this

Feb 25 23:58:17 bigdata-worker2.dc.res0.local WARN: (Logging.scala:70)  [ReplicaFetcher replicaId=2, leaderId=0, fetcherId=0] Reset fetch offset for partition __consumer_offsets-6 from 45647 to current leader's start offset 0
Feb 25 23:58:17 bigdata-worker2.dc.res0.local INFO: (Logging.scala:66)  [ReplicaFetcher replicaId=2, leaderId=0, fetcherId=0] Current offset 45647 for partition __consumer_offsets-6 is out of range, which typically implies a leader change. Reset fetch offset to 45647

I have let this run without interruption hoping it would clear on its own ( I have been rotating /var/log/syslog with fills up), but
the messages just keep logging.

Is there something I have missed during the upgrade ? Is there something that can be done to stop the messages ( I have
found several blogs/user group references to the message but none have successfully stop the message). I have started
and stop the brokers several times.

Thanks,

Jim

Re: After upgrade to 2.13 2.8.1 getting message in log

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jim,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Could you file a jire bug here
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/KAFKA/issues/KAFKA-13542?filter=allopenissues>
?

> I have found several blogs/user group references to the message but none
have successfully stop the message

Could you share these references link so that we can have more info about
it?

Thank you.
Luke

Posted by Jim Langston <jl...@resolutebi.com>.
I see what the issue is – trying to resolve – looking at the consumer offset’s, the ones
that are logging this message are all not in sync for this broker. I read that setting
this parameter - replica.lag.time.max.ms , to a time before the failure may allow for
the consumer offset to get back in sync. I’m letting this run.

Jim