Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.eu> on 2008/08/21 18:43:22 UTC

[Forum module] See the file before his transformation

Hi list,

I begin to dev a module forum.

I copy the "news module", add a forum entry in the menu and links in <body>
for create sub-forum and topic.

When I click on "my first forum" link in navigation menu, I would like to
display in the body :
- sub forum 1
--- topic 1
--- topic 2
- sub forum 2
--- topic 1
-etc...

In the "news module", the body display is created by the file
module/news/xslt/collection2xhtml.xls... but this xslt only keep xhtml doc
(topic in my forum module).

So, I comment some xsl instruction, and now only sub-forum are display.

My problem is : I don't see the structure of the file that is processing by
the collection2xhtml.xls, this make my work harder !

Can you tell me how I can see (or get) the file before his processing ?

I hope I was clear,
Thanks

Re: [Forum module] See the file before his transformation

Posted by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.eu>.
An explanation about my mail :

I just read my mail and I don't want that you misunderstand what I said.

When I write :

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 16:06:31 +0200, Florent André
<fl...@4sengines.eu> wrote:
> thanks Andreas
>
> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:27:20 +0200, Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> I'm not sure if copying the news module is the best approach. The
>> sitemaps and XSLTs are quite complex due to the recursive feed inclusion
>> feature.
>
> I see that !! :) (see "notes").

I am absolutely not critical. In fact I would like to express two ideas :
1- I see that !! :) ==> I don't really understand how this XSLTs work... I
have to work !
2- (see notes) ==> I see a strange behaviour during my test and I share
with you this experience in order to improve Lenya.

I apologize if you feel that I am critical, I think that Lenya is a very
interesting project and that the Lenya team have done a very good work.

Regards

Re: [Forum module] See the file before his transformation

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi André,

Florent André schrieb:

[…]

>> It might be a lot easier to start with a clean forum module
>> containing two resource types. Since resource types are global and not
>> namespaced, I'd recommend something like
>>
>> * forum
>> * forumpost
>
> Does Lenya have a module that implement two resource types ? Can you give
> me his name in order to have an example please ?

I don't think there is such a module, but this is not a problem. Just
add all files that are needed for both resource types to the module.
Alternatively, you could also use separate modules for the resource
types if you find that more appropriate. From my PoV a single module is
more convenient re. installation.

> I also have a question about the "forumpost" resource :
> I think that : this resource have to be composed with :
> - 1 : an "edit zone" for the "post" message (like an xhtml resource)
> - 2 : a "collection" (like <collection ..> in the news ressource), for list
> all the answers to the first post.

It's up to you if you want to use a separate document for the thread
collection, or a hierarchical approach where the first post in a thread
is the parent of all replies. The layout of the web pages is independent
of the site structure.

> But I don't know how I can create this... Do you have an example ?

No, I'm afraid you're the first one to build such a thing :)

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: [Forum module] See the file before his transformation

Posted by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.eu>.
thanks Andreas

wrote:
> I'm not sure if copying the news module is the best approach. The
> sitemaps and XSLTs are quite complex due to the recursive feed inclusion
> feature.

I see that !! :) (see "notes"). But begin with a module that is quite
similar with a forum give me some good materials...

>It might be a lot easier to start with a clean forum module
> containing two resource types. Since resource types are global and not
> namespaced, I'd recommend something like
>
> * forum
> * forumpost

Does Lenya have a module that implement two resource types ? Can you give
me his name in order to have an example please ?

I also have a question about the "forumpost" resource :
I think that : this resource have to be composed with :
- 1 : an "edit zone" for the "post" message (like an xhtml resource)
- 2 : a "collection" (like <collection ..> in the news ressource), for list
all the answers to the first post.

But I don't know how I can create this... Do you have an example ?

Have a good day.
Florent

Notes :
I see this issue when I try to understand the "news module" :

If you create a structure like that :
- News folder 1 (news doc)
-- news 1 (xhtml doc)
-- News folder 1.1 (news doc)
--- news 2 (xhtml)

==> Only the news 2 is display when you click on "News folder 1"

If you add this to the structure :

-- News folder 1.2 (news doc)
--- news 3
--- News folder 1.3
---- news 4

==> Only the news 3 and 4 are display when you click on "News folder 1"

==> IMO only the last child in the structure are display...
(I work with Lenya 2.0.1)

Re: [Forum module] See the file before his transformation

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi André,

Florent André schrieb:
> Hi list,
>
> I begin to dev a module forum.
>
> I copy the "news module", add a forum entry in the menu and links in <body>
> for create sub-forum and topic.

I'm not sure if copying the news module is the best approach. The
sitemaps and XSLTs are quite complex due to the recursive feed inclusion
feature. It might be a lot easier to start with a clean forum module
containing two resource types. Since resource types are global and not
namespaced, I'd recommend something like

* forum
* forumpost

HTH,

-- Andreas