Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Irwin <ri...@tibco.com> on 2003/06/27 01:36:14 UTC

HTTP10Interceptor: SocketException

Hello all, and any help please!

Tomcat 3.3 on w2k server

App throws the following when clients close browser window!  ANy help???  (yes, 6 or more times!)

HTTP10Interceptor: SocketException reading request, ignored

Re: HTTP10Interceptor: SocketException

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Robert Irwin" <ri...@tibco.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Bill,
>
> Followed the directions(thanks), no love...
>
> Same problem, HTTP10Interceptor: SocketException 6 times on close of
> browser.

Well, part of the instructions were to comment out the HTTP10Interceptor in
server.xml and use the CoyoteConnector instead ;-).  There aren't any fixes
to the HTTP10Interceptor in 3.3.2, since the plan is to deprecate it in
favor of the CoyoteConnector.  Note that the 3.3.2 CoyoteConnector is almost
the same code-base as the 4.1.x CoyoteConnector (the only difference is the
thin communications layer between Coyote and Tomcat).

> Would it be worth trying the 3.3.2 build?  Even though it's still a dev
> release?

The 3.3.2-dev is pretty stable (there haven't been any changes in months,
since it is considered feature-complete, and not many bugs get reported
against it anymore).  It is likely that the current nightly will become the
official 3.3.2 release when myself or Larry has enough spare time to
actually release it.  Most of the changes from 3.3.1->3.3.2 are pretty
obscure bug fixes.  And none of them relate to the Connectors.  As much as
I'd like people to try out 3.3.2, I don't think that you will see much of a
difference from the hybrid 3.3.1/Coyote.

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/coyote/release/v1

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
You could also try using the CoyoteConnector from 3.3.2-dev (fully
compatible with 3.3).
<Instructions>
  1) Grab the 3.3.2-dev build from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/nightly-3.3/ and unpack into
a seperate directory.
  2) Follow the instructions at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/coyote/release/v1
.0-rc2/.  However don't use the jars from here, as this version is known to
be broken with TC 3.3.
</Intructions>

Posted by Robert Irwin <ri...@tibco.com>.
Thanks Filip, but I have a finicky audience, and they all will be running
local tomcat server.
They will be looking at the server window saying "Hey, this is wrong!!!"

I am wondering if there is something I need to do in my code to close the
socket?

The offending page contains: a form with input objects, xsl displaying data,
and an applet generating the client IP.
I have no idea which piece is giving me the trouble...

Thanks in advance...
 'Truck' Irwin

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.