Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by peter peter <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/12 22:15:32 UTC

RE: Designing a XSL for generating A-Z...

Hi Andrew,     Definitly I would like to go with better approach.     Can you will give more details of your solution. Like when you say "checking against directory list" , Only by calling java program I could find out directory list?? Thanks,Peter
Andrew Welch <AW...@piper-group.com> wrote:
>Thanks for the suggestion, What if I create an xml with A-Z Nodes, then XSL will call the java program to check if the directory exists, if yes then create link otherwise don't create the link ..

Yes you could do that, but its the wrong way around imho. I would use an XML Filter on the way into the transform, checking it against the directory list and adding attributes to the elements that pass the test. Then you can check for the existence of the attribute in the stylesheet to decide whether the element has a matching directory or not. Its the most effecient way, and isn't too hard (calling custom external java functions can be confusing enough :)

cheers
andrew

---