Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Eric Tannehill <er...@linora.com> on 2000/11/02 17:32:46 UTC

general/6788: Process won't spawn

>Number:         6788
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Process won't spawn
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When starting apache everything seems to load ok, however a ps -ef reveals no httpd processes running

I am reasonably certain it is not a core dump as I am getting no indication whatsoever of a core dump.

Checking the error_log, reveals no error messages.

This started whils I was modifying the httpd.conf file to add functionality for some slashcode.  My first assumption was that the modified file had done it, but was proven wrong when I moved my backup of the file back and it still did the same thing.  The compiled code is probably not the problem either as it was compiled before modifying the apache configuration files.  I had been able to stop and start apache several times, then suddenly this, the process just never  appears.
>How-To-Repeat:
If I knew this I could probably fix it myself

 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]