Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Tony Sanders <sa...@bsdi.com> on 1996/06/27 06:31:53 UTC

Re: membership

"Roy T. Fielding" writes:
> > Hmm. Out of curiosity, how do we define a "member of the Apache Group"? As
>    stating their opinion, they are agreeing to help do the work of the
>    Apache Project.
> If you don't know whether or not you should vote, just ask a few of the
> old-timers -- if the response is "who are you?", then you shouldn't be
> voting yet.
> p.s.  I expect the other group members to correct me if I got any of that
>       wrong, or if someone holds differing expectations.

As a non-voting member of the list how about this idea, you cannot
be a voting member of the list until you have submitted a patch
that was accepted or written a module or been a contributor to the
mailing list (for X amount of time?).  Or some variation on that
theme.  That is, someone who had actually ``help[ed] do the work
of the Apache Project'' in some form.