Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matthew Hannigan <ml...@zip.com.au> on 2002/09/26 09:27:38 UTC

understanding Jkmount

This is a bit puzzling.  In a bid to understand
the jkmount line in the mod_jk.conf configuration
file, I set it to:

	Jkmount /* ajp13

so that tomcat would serve all content, and removed
any apache Alias directive from mod_jk.conf that
pointed to the tomcat instance.  (I'm doing this as a
prelude to putting them on separate machines)

This following url is served up by apache.  I presume
that this is because there is a specific alias
for "index.html" in apache's httpd.conf.

	http://dev:30080/manual/index.html

but the following is served by apache too!

	http://dev:30080/manual/new_features_1_3.html

with broken images, because the image requests are sent to tomcat.

However!  I get a 404 for

	http://dev:30080/manual/upgrading_to_1_3.html

because that is directed to tomcat, and of course
tomcat cannot find it.

The new_features_1_3.html doc and the upgrading_to_1_3.html
pages are right next to each other in the apache htdocs dir.

Why is one directed to tomcat and the other not!?

(It's not another proxy or local caching doing it; I checked the
tomcat and apache log files)

Regards,
Matt