Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jens Hübel <jh...@opentext.com> on 2009/02/04 11:51:49 UTC

First CMIS Connector Feedback

Hi guys,

I got the CMIS component now compiled and running J Looks cool!

To give some feedback here are some issues I detected while trying it out:

It seems that in the current jcr-cmis-client-1.6-SNAPSHOT.war a couple of jars are missing. I had to copy:

slf4j-log4j12-1.3.0.jar

log4j-1.2.14.jar

jackrabbit-api-1.6-SNAPSHOT.jar

to WEB-INF/lib before I did not get any longer ClassNotFoundExceptions

If you would change in the web.xml the preconfigured line

from

      <param-value>rmi://localhost:1099/jackrabbit</param-value>

        <param-value>rmi://localhost:1099/jackrabbit.repository</param-value>

it would run out of the box with a Jackrabbit default configuration (I assume that jackrabbit.repository is the default name, at least I am not aware that I changed this somewhere)

Anyway it works (as far as it is implemented so far): good work!

Jens

Re: First CMIS Connector Feedback

Posted by Dominique Pfister <do...@day.com>.
Hi Jens,

great to hear your feedback!

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Jens Hübel <jh...@opentext.com> wrote:
> To give some feedback here are some issues I detected while trying it out:
>
> It seems that in the current jcr-cmis-client-1.6-SNAPSHOT.war a couple of
> jars are missing. I had to copy:
>
> slf4j-log4j12-1.3.0.jar
> log4j-1.2.14.jar
> jackrabbit-api-1.6-SNAPSHOT.jar

Good point, I'll add them to the jcr-cmis client pom.

> If you would change in the web.xml the preconfigured line
> <param-value>rmi://localhost:1099/jackrabbit.repository</param-value>

Will do that as well.

> Anyway it works (as far as it is implemented so far): good work!
> Jens

Thank you very much for giving the client a try and finding these
improvements that will help running it easier out of the box!

Kind regards
Dominique