Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by lahsen abouenour <ab...@depp.finances.gov.ma> on 2004/12/09 10:37:09 UTC

Jetspeed 1.5 and Active Directory

Hi,

We have adopted Jetspeed 1.5 as our future portal framework.. But there is a big problem: we have already an Active Directory in use for authentications with Exchange and we hope users to not have to remember other passwords (for portal). So, is there any project that used integration between Jetspeed 1.5 and MS Active Directory, any links? It's a big problem for us.

Thanks.

Re: Jetspeed 1.5 and Active Directory

Posted by Dan Moore <mo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I think Active Directory is LDAP compliant
(http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/ldapcomp.mspx).

If so, you could investigate the LDAP support in jetspeed:
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-1/apidocs/org/apache/jetspeed/services/security/ldap/package-summary.html

Dan