Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Reynir Hübner <re...@hugsmidjan.is> on 2003/01/27 15:06:26 UTC

Tomcat 4.1.18 - IIS - JK2 - getRemoteUser() returns Null

Hi
I'm  using :
Tomcat 4.1.18
IIS 5.1. (running on XP)
JK2 (isapi_redirector2.dll)
Jdk 1.4.1_1

I tried to set
request.tomcatAuthentication=false
In my jk2.properties.

For some reason IIS does not authenticate the user, and when I ask for the user (on the first request) in a jsp document, with request.getRemoteUser() it returns null.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction here ?

I sent an email just before weekend, at that time I was trying to use the isapi_redirect(but not isapi_redirector2). I had similar problems at that time, and I was hoping configuring the new jk2 would solve that...

Thanx

- reynir@hugsmidjan.is