Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <jr...@apache.org> on 2013/07/18 20:19:03 UTC

0.24 release update - Release branch created, beta is available

Hi, folks.  Yesterday at revision 1504342, we branched for the
upcoming 0.24 release.  Check it out at this URL:

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/branches/0.24/

The beta distribution is from revision 1504344 of the release branch:

  http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.24-beta/
  http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.24-beta-testing.txt

Please note that this is pre-release software and should only be
used for testing.  We expect to find and fix many defects as we work
toward the final GA release.

My testing on Fedora 16 x86-64 completed without error.  Note,
however, that it is still autotools-centric.

Now that we've branched, the policy for 0.24 changes is more
restrictive.  We're looking for bug fixes that are safe and worthy;
features and improvements should wait for the next release.  See the
"Criteria for accepting changes" section of the release page[1] for
more information.

As a reminder: each 0.24 change must be reviewed by a third party and
approved by the release manager before it is committed to the release
branch.  Send mail to the list to request inclusions.

I've adjusted the 0.24 schedule to reflect the fact that I produced
the beta two weeks late.  RC1 is now set for the end of this month,
and everything else is bumped out accordingly.

Give it at try and report what you find.  Your feedback very much
helps us improve Qpid releases.

Thanks!
Justin

---