Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by nbenmansour <ni...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/20 15:22:18 UTC

What's a DecoupledEndpoint in Apache cxf?

can any one explain to me what's the role of DecoupledEndpoint in Apache cxf?
In fact it's used in Apache cxf configuration files but with no utility

Re: What's a DecoupledEndpoint in Apache cxf?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Aug 20, 2013, at 9:22 AM, nbenmansour <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> can any one explain to me what's the role of DecoupledEndpoint in Apache cxf?
> In fact it's used in Apache cxf configuration files but with no utility

When you use WS-Addressing on the client side, the decoupleEndpoint is the address that is used in the Reply-To and Fault-To headers as the location for the service to send the responses.  Normally, CXF would spin up a separate Jetty instance or similar for that endpoint to handle those decoupled responses.

--
Daniel Kulp