Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Peter Tornberg <pe...@x-obi.com> on 2002/08/16 13:24:22 UTC

Schema validation

Hi,

We are currently using Xerces 1.4.2 and we do schema validation on all
incoming messages in the system. (We run in this in an ASP-environment and
need fast validation).
Found some benchmarking at
http://www.pankaj-k.net/xpb4j/docs/Measurements-May30/measurements-May30-2002.html
and
http://www.sosnoski.com/opensrc/xmlbench/
that shows that Xerces2 seem to be a little faster than Xerces in DOM
performance. Still I can't find any benchmarking on Schema validation. Is
there any? Would I get better performance switching to Xerces2?

In our current implementation we read all .xsd files into byte arrays at
startup. When the EntityResolver is called, we convert the correct schema
byte array into an InputSource. Is this the way to do it in Xerces2, or is
there any faster way like, e.g. "compile .xsd files into .class files, and
hook these into the EntityResolver somehow?

Thanks!

/Peter

--
Peter Tornberg, X-OBI