Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Jeremy Daggett <je...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/11 06:55:34 UTC

[DISCUSS] Plans for introducing Multi-Region BlobStore

openstack-swift is to be the first API based on the new
RegionScopedBlobStore design targeted for the 1.7.0 jclouds release. [1]

After some discussion today, I believe that we should do the following to
introduce the new RegionScopedBlobStore in 1.7.0 :

- Promote "jclouds-labs-openstack/openstack-swift" to
"jclouds/apis/openstack-swift"
- Deprecate "jclouds/apis/swift" and any related dependent providers
- Update examples and docs

For the 1.8 release, we will completely remove the legacy Swift
api/providers and any old docs/examples we have.

This new API will not impact the currently released Swift API and providers
(Cloud Files and HP Cloud Object Storage).  The API/providers have new
names/packages as to not conflict anywhere.

I am also drafting a message that we can eventually send out to the
users@list to let them know what's coming and when.

OK discuss! ;)

/jd

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-299

Re: [DISCUSS] Plans for introducing Multi-Region BlobStore

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
+1 to plan as presented.

-A