Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dirk Reske <di...@gmx.net> on 2010/10/03 15:26:56 UTC

Multiple projects -> one artifact

  Hello,

is it possible to build one artifact out of multiple projects.
We are trying to modularize the development.

Example:

MyProject
|-- core
|       |--api
|       |--impl
|       |--web
|-- users
|       |--api
|       |--impl
|       |--web
|-- admin
|       |--api
|       |--impl
|       |--web

this should results in the following ear file
myproject.ear
|--lib/myproject-api.jar (the entity classes, service interfaces, etc)
|--myproject-impl.ear (the ejb module)
|--myproject-web.ear (the web module)

So, if I add a module MyProject/myproject-web, is there a configuration,
so that this war module merges the contents of the existing "*/web"
modules to one war file?

Thanks
Dirk

Re: Multiple projects -> one artifact

Posted by Thomas Markus <t....@proventis.net>.
  Hi,

for web try war overlays. Create one master war project that merges all
other war subprojects

regards
Thomas