Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com> on 2011/07/05 21:30:53 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Retire Bluesky Podling

Hi everyone,

The vote to retire Bluesky succeeds with only +1 votes from
Martijn, Emmanuel, Bernd, Niklas, Tommaso, Bertrand, Chris, Ralph,
Christian, Noel, Luciano, Alan, Upayavira, Ross, Benson, Craig, Greg,
William (binding)
and Andreas Kuckartz, Kalle Korhonen, Henry Saputra (non-binding).
Please review the tally and correct it if neccessary.

Thanks for voting.

I sincerly hope that Bluesky will nevertheless become open source
somewhere in the OSS universe.

  Bernd

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Retire Bluesky Podling

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Oh, my bad, didn't notice that part. In that case your suggestion to
go to Google code is better and more appropriate.

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Christian Grobmeier
<gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It still exists:
> http://apache-extras.org/
>
> Please see:
> http://community.apache.org/apache-extras/faq.html
>
> "Apache Extras has been established for projects that don't want to,
> or are unable to be a formal part of the Apache Software Foundation
> but still wish to demonstrate their affinity to one ore more official
> Apache project."
>
> To which project could Bluesky demonstrate affinity?
>

> Christian
>
> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
> <no...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can they upload it to Apache-Extras if it still exists ?

>>> Not the ASF SVN server.
>>>
>>> But you can use for example google code to host bluesky and upload to
>>> there svn servers:
>>> http://code.google.com/hosting/

>>> --
>>> http://www.grobmeier.de

>> --
>> Thanks
>> - Mohammad Nour
>>   Author of (WebSphere Application Server Community Edition 2.0 User Guide)
>>   http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247585.html
>> - LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/mnour
>> - Blog: http://tadabborat.blogspot.com
>> ----
>> - Albert Einstein
>>
>> "Writing clean code is what you must do in order to call yourself a
>> professional. There is no reasonable excuse for doing anything less
>> than your best."
>> - Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
>>
>> "Stay hungry, stay foolish."
>> - Steve Jobs

> http://www.grobmeier.de

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
It still exists:

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Retire Bluesky Podling

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

<gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If bluesky project was rejected by ASF?
>> would we continue to use SVN to upload our codes?
>
> Not the ASF SVN server.
>
> But you can use for example google code to host bluesky and upload to
> there svn servers:
> http://code.google.com/hosting/
>

>> 2011/7/6 Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> The vote to retire Bluesky succeeds with only +1 votes from
>>> Martijn, Emmanuel, Bernd, Niklas, Tommaso, Bertrand, Chris, Ralph,
>>> Christian, Noel, Luciano, Alan, Upayavira, Ross, Benson, Craig, Greg,
>>> William (binding)
>>> and Andreas Kuckartz, Kalle Korhonen, Henry Saputra (non-binding).
>>> Please review the tally and correct it if neccessary.
>>>
>>> Thanks for voting.
>>>
>>> I sincerly hope that Bluesky will nevertheless become open source
>>> somewhere in the OSS universe.
>>>

>>>  Bernd

> http://www.grobmeier.de

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Retire Bluesky Podling

Posted by Chen Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
hi, all,