Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Peterson <sp...@frontierproductions.net> on 2000/11/27 07:10:59 UTC

Some pointers in getting SSL in Tomcat 3.2

Hi all:

I want to get SSL working on a Tomcat-only (no Apache) machine and am
having some SSL beginner's difficulties.

I have downloaded Tomcat 3.2beta (8, I believe) an installed it on a
Windows NT machine, configured server.xml and created a JSP/Servlet
application that seems to work fine without SSL.   However, when I try
to talk to the application through SSL, (by calling the same application
pages through https:// instead of http://) the server simply does not
respond.  I have loaded JSSE, updated the security properties file, and
generated a key for "tomcat".

1.) Am I correct in assuming that SSL works by simply calling up
existing pages through https instead of http?
2.) Is there a step-by-step guide anywhere to taking advantage of SSL on
Tomcat?

Thanks for any pointers.

- Steve

--