Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Vaillancourt, Tim" <TV...@ea.com> on 2013/03/13 02:08:12 UTC

RE: Poll: Largest SolrCloud out there?

Considering the silence, I'll take the unofficial largest SolrCloud award until beaten :D:

2 VMWare VMs
4GB RAM/VM
4 Virtual CPUs
< 1000mb index

Beat that :)!!

Tim

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Christian,

SSDs will warm up muuuch faster.
Your other questionable require more info / discussion.

Otis
Solr & ElasticSearch Support
http://sematext.com/

#1: Storage: To use SAN or not.
#2: Cores per instance: what is ideal?
#3: Size of cores: is 14 days optimal?
#4: Performance when searching across shards.
#5: Would SolrCloud be the solution for us?

Email              christian.sonne.jensen@infopaq.com<ma...@infopaq.com>

Posted by Annette Newton <an...@servicetick.com>.
8 AWS hosts.