Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by "B.W. Medlock" <bw...@cam.ac.uk> on 2007/12/18 11:12:30 UTC

SAX maximum input file size?

Hi,

I am using the most recent version of SAX on an ubuntu (Gutsy) linux
distribution, and I'm trying to read an input file of around 3Gb, but it
appears SAX cannot handle input files of > around 2Gb. Is this a known
issue?

Many thanks,

Ben

Re: SAX maximum input file size?

Posted by Dale Worley <dw...@pingtel.com>.
On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 07:03 -0800, David Bertoni wrote:
> It's a limitation of the standard C runtime library APIs.  I know we have
> large file support in Solaris, but I don't know what APIs are available in
> GCC's run-time to support it.

In Linux, I think you activate large file support with
"-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64" in your compile command.

Dale

Re: SAX maximum input file size?

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
B.W. Medlock wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the most recent version of SAX on an ubuntu (Gutsy) linux
> distribution, and I'm trying to read an input file of around 3Gb, but it
> appears SAX cannot handle input files of > around 2Gb. Is this a known
> issue?

It's a limitation of the standard C runtime library APIs.  I know we have
large file support in Solaris, but I don't know what APIs are available in
GCC's run-time to support it.

Dave