Posted to doxia-dev@maven.apache.org by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org> on 2008/05/13 14:58:40 UTC

MNG-3402

I am not sure I understand correctly the implications of MNG-3402 [1]
wrt the beta-1 release plan. Is the following correct?

- in order for the site plugin to use doxia-beta-1, we need to resolve
MNG-3402

- MNG-3402 can be resolved in three different ways: 1) release
maven-2.0.10 with doxia bumped to beta-1, 2) remove the sink-api
filtering as proposed by Vincent, 3) both of the two

- however it is resolved, the site plugin would have a prereq on
maven-2.0.10, is that right?

- we will have to release a couple of other things together with the
site plugin (PIR, plugin-plugin at least) also with deps bumped to
doxia-beta-1.

Any more insight would be welcome...

Cheers,
-Lukas

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3402

Re: MNG-3402

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lukas,

2008/5/13, Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>:

>  I am not sure I understand correctly the implications of MNG-3402 [1] wrt
> the beta-1 release plan. Is the following correct?
>
>  - in order for the site plugin to use doxia-beta-1, we need to resolve
> MNG-3402

AFAIK yes

>  - MNG-3402 can be resolved in three different ways: 1) release maven-2.0.10
> with doxia bumped to beta-1, 2) remove the sink-api filtering as proposed by
> Vincent, 3) both of the two

1) is the easiest solution and as you said, site plugin will have a
prerequisite on 2.0.10
2) or 3) seems to work but over a period of time, the risk of multiple
side effects will exist, specially for report plugins using old Doxia
version (ie alpha-7)

>  - however it is resolved, the site plugin would have a prereq on
> maven-2.0.10, is that right?

Correct

>  - we will have to release a couple of other things together with the site
> plugin (PIR, plugin-plugin at least) also with deps bumped to doxia-beta-1.

site PIR are core plugins to produce documentation. Plugin plugin is a
report plugin as others. It sounds reasonable to release it with
beta-1, but I think we need to release all report plugins like PMD
checkstyle...

>  Any more insight would be welcome...

No more ;)

Cheers,

Vincent

Re: MNG-3402

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 13/05/2008, at 10:58 PM, Lukas Theussl wrote:

> I am not sure I understand correctly the implications of MNG-3402
> [1] wrt the beta-1 release plan. Is the following correct?
>
> - in order for the site plugin to use doxia-beta-1, we need to
> resolve MNG-3402
>
> - MNG-3402 can be resolved in three different ways: 1) release
> maven-2.0.10 with doxia bumped to beta-1, 2) remove the sink-api
> filtering as proposed by Vincent, 3) both of the two

I'm not sure (2) or (3) will work - it will probably cause classloader
violations as both sets of code try to use a different sink class

> - however it is resolved, the site plugin would have a prereq on
> maven-2.0.10, is that right?

correct

> - we will have to release a couple of other things together with the
> site plugin (PIR, plugin-plugin at least) also with deps bumped to
> doxia-beta-1.
>
> Any more insight would be welcome...

Is there any way to make the changes in a class that is not Sink?

What is really needed is a way to minimise the amount of stuff passed
between the Maven core and the plugins.

Cheers,
Brett

--