Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Simone Gianni <si...@apache.org> on 2009/05/04 18:30:35 UTC

Stale input streams, take two

Hi all again,
the previous thread on this subject died, so I'm bringing it up again.
The question is still how to close the input stream an application gives
to OpenJPA streaming lob support, since OpenJPA requires that stream to
be open until it flushes it to the database, which potentially happens
outside the application scope.

Which is the listener that should be used to close those streams?
Otherwise how to close it at the right moment to prevent stale streams
and errors in OpenJPA?

Simone

--
Simone Gianni            CEO Semeru s.r.l.           Apache Committer
http://www.simonegianni.it/

Re: Stale input streams, take two

Posted by Simone Gianni <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Michael, and thanks for your interest.

Yes, flushing it manually works, but seriously restrict the flexibility
of such a good feature as the streaming lobs.

I'm trying to use them as any other type in a form framework, and
unfortunately cannot simply flush when I encounter a stream because the
entity could not be complete yet, causing constraint errors.

Any idea on how to close those streams in an abstract way?

Simone

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simone,