Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael Mitiaguin <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/24 03:59:14 UTC

Highlighting fast and highlighting all text

I browsed this list and contributions and have a difficulty to
determine whether there is anything which may be used
straightforwardly to highlight all hits ( no fragmenting ) for large
chunk of text. Probably my query should be sent as 3 separate ones :

1. The fastest possible  fragment highlighting ( let's say if we
indexed memo  fields from database ) and   100 records in a hitlist ,
we want to show hilite fragments for each record in a table ( grid ,
html table ).
2. Upon selecting a row with a fragment we show a full text with all
highlights somewhere else.

For 1. and 2.  for phrase searches separate words are excluded from
highlighting.

Does contribution exist which I may use to achieve all my requirements
?  My project in .Net so I have to port a contribution first which is
why I am asking for the most suitable contribution for my needs before
embarking on porting.

TIA
Michael