Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Church Michael R <MR...@qinetiq.com> on 2006/01/30 18:01:10 UTC

RE: Jetspeed 2 - AJAX API

Listers,

What does the AJAX API actually allow me to do? I believe it allows me to
remotely edit the contents of a PSML page, and to list available portlets,
but not a lot else.

Does the AJAX API provide facilities for AJAX-like interactivity, e.g. the
use of XMLHTTPRequest() to allow me to fetch HTML fragments directly from
the server?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Church
Software Engineering

QinetiQ
Bldg Lovell Rm 109
Malvern Technology Centre
St. Andrews Road, Malvern
Worcestershire, WR14 3PS

Tel:    01684 896085
Email:  mrchurch@QinetiQ.com
Web:    www.QinetiQ.com

QinetiQ - The Global Defence and Security Experts.

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be monitored.
Calls to QinetiQ may be recorded for quality control,
regulatory and monitoring purposes.

Re: Jetspeed 2 - AJAX API

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Church Michael R wrote:
> Listers,
>
> What does the AJAX API actually allow me to do? I believe it allows me to
> remotely edit the contents of a PSML page, and to list available portlets,
> but not a lot else.
Additionally, you can also move, add, and remove portlets.
The basic tools for a customizer
Docs: http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-ajax-api.html

> Does the AJAX API provide facilities for AJAX-like interactivity, e.g. the
> use of XMLHTTPRequest() to allow me to fetch HTML fragments directly from
> the server?

yes