Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Dorothea Wiarda <wi...@vic.com> on 2000/11/12 17:28:48 UTC

Re: AWTRenderer 2) Status reporting

I piped some of the screen out-put into the status window of the
AWTPreviewer. I did miss one to many message because the AWTRenderer
insisted on putting istself over my  terminal window. Also, people
running AWTRenderer might not have an output terminal.

Also, while  fixing org.apache.fop.viewer.PreviewDialog I made some of
the code Swing thread-safe. Changes to graphic objects shown on screen
need to happen in the EventDispatchThread, hence some of the setText
functions for labels and other things have moved into Runnable
instances.

The new version of PreviewDialog is atttached.
In addition, AWTCommandLine needs to be patched as follows:

*** AWTCommandLine.java Sun Nov 12 16:16:28 2000
--- AWTCommandLine.java.save    Sun Nov 12 16:25:23 2000
***************
*** 63,70 ****
      AWTRenderer renderer = new AWTRenderer(resource);
      PreviewDialog frame = createPreviewDialog(renderer, resource);
      renderer.setProgressListener(frame);
-     MessageHandler.setOutputMethod(  MessageHandler.EVENT );
-     MessageHandler.addListener( frame );

Do we also need a status update in the time between pressing the next
arrow and the appearance of the next page?
Probably the "using parser class.." in AWTCommandLine should not be an
error message ?
Or should error messages appear somewhere else than a JOptionPane ?

 Doro

--- 63,68 ----

Dorothea Wiarda

E-Mail:    wiarda@dwiarda.com
Web-Home:  http://www.dwiarda.com
           http://www.techno-info.com

Re: AWTRenderer

Posted by Stephan Albers <St...@jcatalog.com>.
Fotis Jannidis schrieb:

> I will test this; I think this is good work and should be committed, but
> I would like to hear Stephan and Stanislav also, because they
> handled this part of Fop almost exclusively. The Systems is over now
> and maybe they are back home catching up with Fop?
>
> If we don't hear from them in the next days, I'll commit it, so it can
> be part of 0.15

Yes, were back (uffgh). Jürgen and Stanislaw have another project going
on, but they will get back as soon as possible. I the meantime, I will
talk with them about the most urgent issues (fonts).

Stephan

Re: AWTRenderer