Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2008/01/12 02:52:35 UTC

Build coordinator volunteer, was: Continuum build has completed successfully!

Simon Nash wrote:
> The Continuum build just completed successfully, for the first time
> since November 12th!  Let's all try hard to keep it working from now on.
>
>   Simon

Thanks so much!

Now that the build is going again, how about having a build coordinator
person monitoring build issues, raising JIRAs and the community's
attention on tuscany-dev and helping coordinate resolutions?

We could rotate that role as we've done for release managers. I don't
think that person even needs to be a committer, it could be a great way
to get involved for anybody who wants to help.

Any volunteer?
--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Build coordinator volunteer, was: Continuum build has completed successfully!

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 23, 2008 9:06 PM, Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can try this role out, but I need a bit of help to get hold of
> somethings.  Could somebody who is conversant with this, please help me with
> answers.
>
> 1. How do I get access to the Continuum Build Server ?

There is the option to register to the server
(http://vmbuild1.apache.org/continuum/), then you need to ask a
Continuum admin to grant you more karma, I would do it if my account
wasn't locked :)

> 2. Can I manually fire the builds on that server, say after fixing
> something, just as verification

Yes, you will be able to fire forced/unscheduled builds, and also
change build settings.

> Once I get going am going to have a few more questions ;-)

Sure, we are here to help with what we know, and with what we have karma to.

> Thanks
>
> - Venkat
>

> On Jan 12, 2008 7:22 AM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>

> > Simon Nash wrote:
> > > The Continuum build just completed successfully, for the first time
> > > since November 12th!  Let's all try hard to keep it working from now on.
> > >
> > >   Simon
> > >

> > Thanks so much!
> >
> > Now that the build is going again, how about having a build coordinator
> > person monitoring build issues, raising JIRAs and the community's
> > attention on tuscany-dev and helping coordinate resolutions?
> >
> > We could rotate that role as we've done for release managers. I don't
> > think that person even needs to be a committer, it could be a great way
> > to get involved for anybody who wants to help.
> >
> > Any volunteer?
> > --
> > Jean-Sebastien

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer
http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Re: Build coordinator volunteer, was: Continuum build has completed successfully!

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,