Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Al...@miranda.com on 2013/11/08 18:21:20 UTC

deplot at end not working

I'm using m-d-p 2.8.1 using the new deploy at end config. I also use
install at end in the m-i-p. However, what I see is that sometimes the
artifacts are not installed nor deployed at all.
I see the normal execution of the plugins with the ** will be deployed at
end in both cases. But comparing the cases when it does work and when it
doesn't, when it does I see a final invocation to m-d-p where the deploy
happens. This last invocation sometimes doesn't happen. I have -X logs for
both cases but the case where it doesn't work, the build is like
200modules so the log is 150MB

I'm using differential builds in jenkins (mvn -amd -pl ) in the one that
worked, and it built and deployed like 10artifacts that changed. But when
I run it without -amd -pl, i.e. a full build, it never deploys nor
installs at end

This is the last part of when it doesn't work (some obfuscations done)

[DEBUG]   (f) retryFailedDeploymentCount = 1
[DEBUG]   (f) skip = false
[DEBUG]   (f) updateReleaseInfo = false
[DEBUG]   (f) project = MavenProject: com.tools:blah:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT @
/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/blah/tools/upgrade/pom.xml
[DEBUG] -- end configuration --
[INFO] Deploying com.tools:blah:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT at end
projectSucceeded com.tools:blah:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
sessionEnded
[INFO]
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]

when it does work i see at the end the deploy plugin running

Uploaded: http://someUrl/maven-metadata.xml (415 B at 1.0 KB/sec)
mojoSucceeded
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.8.1(default-deploy)
projectSucceeded com.tools.other:foo.1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
sessionEnded
[INFO]
[INFO] Reactor Summary:

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Let me know if someone needs more details

Thank you,
Alejandro Endo | Software Designer/Concepteur de logiciels

DISCLAIMER:
Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not
copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you
should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not
relate to the official business of the company are neither given
nor endorsed by the company.
Thank You.

Re: deplot at end not working

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@gmail.com>.
—
Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

Re: deplot at end not working

Posted by Andreas Gudian <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Check if you really use 2.8.1 and 2.5.1 everywhere. If there is at least
one module that uses versions, it might just not work.

Re: deplot at end not working

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
You could configure the maven-enforcer-plugin with something like
             <bannedPlugins>
               <excludes>
                 <exclude>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin</exclude>
               </excludes>
               <includes>
                 <include>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.5.1</include>
               </includes>
             </bannedPlugins>
but this requires the same good structure and this is executed at the
beginning of every project.
So it is still not a fail-fast solution.
A custom rule which is only executed by the root project and which loops
over all the reactor builds will work as a fail-fast solution, but it is
not the easiest thing to code. Even for me this would probably take a
couple of hours to have a solid rule.

Robert

Re: deplot at end not working

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: deplot at end not working

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
1. No, the only open issue related to installAtEnd is MINSTALL-102.
However, I have my doubts if this should be marked as a bug or just a
requirement to be able to use installAtEnd.
Think about it: what would be the fix? The first time the m-install-p-2.6
(which will probably be the next release) is used in a multimodule
project, it must analyze all projects and count all 2.5.x versions.
There's already a different strategy between 2.5 and 2.5.1. You must also
ensure that the last module/project supports installAtEnd, which can be
tricky with a multithreaded build.

In other words, it is indeed a requirement, otherwise installAtEnd won't
work.

2. With the current behavior installAtEnd is disabled. The community asked
for a solution to be able to install/deploy at the end and the current
implementation is something which will work for most of the projects. It
would be better if this could be fixed in the way Maven walks through the
lifecycle, but I wouldn't expect something like this in one of the
following Maven releases, because it will have a huge impact.

You could create a request for a new feature to verify the versions of
these plugins, but it will only start checking with the first module which
has the maven-install-plugin with this capability. So it could happen that
the first 20 are installed because they relied on an older version.

Op Fri, 08 Nov 2013 19:36:23 +0100 schreef <Al...@miranda.com>:

> [...]
>> message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not
>> copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you
>> should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply
>> e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not
>> relate to the official business of the company are neither given
>> nor endorsed by the company.
>> Thank You.

> DISCLAIMER:
> Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this
> message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not
> copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you
> should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply
> e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not
> relate to the official business of the company are neither given

Re: deplot at end not working

Posted by Al...@miranda.com.

From:   "Robert Scholte" <rf...@apache.org>
To:     "Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>,